Location Analyses for Hybrid Shopping – online and offline
Today, customers expect a highly personalized shopping experience and click & collect to save time.
Together we build teams and solutions for location intelligence. Moreover, we provide counseling for the use of European data service providers for your location analysis in retail.
This way you expand your choice of location with our know-how. Building your own solution for location optimization we protect private data.
With location analyses in retail you benefit from the growth potential of loyal customers with high purchasing power
Market and location analyses in retail are fundamental for choosing the right location for chain store owners. We support you by combining your e-commerce efforts with shop data.
By combining the online and offline experience you increase the loyalty of your customers. Simultaneously, e-commerce data provides you with insights into the local potential.
Click here to learn more about all our services in retail and e-commerce.
Geodata for Location Intelligence
We have more than ten years of experience in the processing and use of geodata for location analyses in retail and further areas.
For the location analysis we use demographic and behavioral data:
- sociodemographic data and job market data
- indicators of purchasing power such as credit card sales volumes
- mobility data depending on availability and use case
- population density and age structure
For modeling we further use data with area context:
- the centrality of traffic infrastructure
- vicinity search and analyses of the local shopping structure
- analysis of the building structure, such as surface area, building heights, building age, type, and many more
- Derivation of classical indices of the inventory from transaction data
- classical gravitation models and predictive analytics for a sales prognosis
- cannibalization models for the influence of existing stores
- analysis of the accessibility of possible locations with public transport, private transport, and walking distances
- Mathematic optimizations and marginal parameters
Use Case: Location options and competitor analysis
We support chain store owners with choosing the optimal location. In this process, we also use geo-based analyses of competitors. We visualize this approach with the use case of the Cologne fashion industry,
- The analysis shows possible store locations (shades of blue) for chain store owners
- The location of competitors is displayed in shades of red
- The deeper the red, the more central the competitor’s store is located in a shopping street.
Productization and operation
We protect your confidential business data. To combine the best possible protection combined with agility in launching your geo-platform, a multi-level operating model has proven to be successful.
We offer finished reports and interactive maps for chain store owners without an in-house team for geospatial analytics.
These do not require your own sales data and can thus be applied directly for the location analysis in retail.
For supermarket chains and large chain store owners, we offer the consolidation of an in-house team for geospatial analytics and data science. Together with the enterprise architects, we elaborate a fitting in-house software architecture. If desired we also license our software platform to get you started.
We support advanced geospatial analytics teams with modeling specialized questions in computing power and stochastics. If desired we provide counseling for expanding the software architecture and integration into the process environment.